23 Mar Common Questions about IV Therapy
IV therapy is nothing new! While in recent years it has grown rapidly in popularity, there are a lot of people who still do not know about this treatment or its wellness benefits. Understandably, this leads to a lot of questions – which Vida-Flo is more than happy to answer. All in order to help you understand and feel confident enough to book your first IV drip. We’re answering some common questions about IV therapy, covering everything from what IV therapy can help treat and what goes into a bag, to how much a treatment will cost.
How long does an appointment last?
You’re busy – we get it! Thankfully, IV therapy appointments are relatively short, lasting on average 30 to 45 minutes. Note, however, that the benefits of IV vitamin therapy are recognized over the long term with consistent treatments as a part of a well-planned healthcare regimen. There are benefits for short-term and spot treatments, but consistent treatment is the most effective. We recommend a minimum of one visit per month, depending on your wellness goals. If you plan to get a drip more often, be sure to ask about our Monthly Memberships, which will allow you to save on regular treatments and add-ons.
What does IV therapy treat?
The short answer is, a lot! IV therapy is effective at not only hydrating the body and replenishing essential vitamins and minerals, but bolstering the immune system and treating a variety of medical conditions and symptoms. For a full list of IV therapy treatments, specific to Vida-Flo, take a look at our menu of services. In the meantime, here are some of the most popular treatments:
- Myer’s Cocktail – This cocktail consists of B vitamins, vitamin C, and antioxidants, which can be used to treat the common cold and assist with illness recovery.
- Stress & Anxiety Bag – Stress makes the body inefficient in producing energy and reducing oxidate stress. This blend of B12, B6, Magnesium, and Glutathione encourages proper hormone balance and energy production for better stress management.
- NAD+ – A coenzyme that is found in every cell of your body – you cannot live without it! It has a huge array of benefits, from promoting healthy aging to assisting with brain cell production, reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as assisting with weight loss. To learn more, check out our blog on how NAD+ therapy supports the body.
- Vitamin B Complex – A powerful mix of B vitamins, vitamin B complex has a variety of benefits. It can be used to help with everything from athletic performance to the common cold and GI diseases.
What should I put in my IV Bag?
The answer to this question will depend on an individual’s unique needs or wellness goals. Our highly trained team works with each guest on every visit to craft an IV treatment suited to your needs and goals. This said we do have IV treatments and gains that are especially popular at our wellness clinic. These include:
- Glutathione – Useful for a wide range of needs & wellness goals. Your liver naturally produces it to help with a variety of bodily functions, as well as eliminate “free radicals”. Glutathione combats signs of aging and reduces the appearance of blemishes and dark marks. Boosts athletic performance and recovery. As well as reduces inflammation to promote healing.
- B12, B Complex, & Vitamin C – Vitamins are essential nutrients the body uses for a variety of functions. Vitamin B12, B Complex, and Vitamin are powerhouses in supporting your immunity and the creation of new, healthy cells.
- Zofran – Used for a variety of reasons, but to treat the same symptoms: nausea and vomiting. It works by blocking one of the body’s natural substances (serotonin) that causes vomiting. It is a great option for those who have overindulged in alcohol, as well as people who have food poisoning or are suffering from a stomach bug. It can also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer medicines.
How much does IV therapy cost?
The base cost of a hydration bag, including a 1000ml Lactated Ringer with Saline + Electrolytes or Saline Solution, is $60 for your first bag at Vida-Flo. For any additional bags, you will pay just $50. Standalone, a hydration bag will provide 1000ml of fluid, equivalent to drinking 2.5 gallons of H20, and all the benefits that come with it. In addition to a hydration bag, you will also have the option of selecting one or several add-ons to customize your treatment. Injected directly into your bag, these add-ons have a range of benefits depending on your goals and start at $40. All of our Advanced Gains are individually priced and range from $100 to $500.
Do you have more questions about IV therapy? The best way to get answers is to book an appointment at one of our Middle Tennessee locations. Curious about the services and treatments provided at Vida-Flo? Learn about our Clinical Supervisor: Dr. Howard Aubert.
Olivia SmartPosted at 18:31h, 14 December
Thank you for explaining that IV therapy appointments are usually on 30-45 minutes. I’ve been wondering about the timeline since my sister signed us up for an appointment. It’s good to know that it will be a relatively quick appointment.